During the Open Day, visitors to Engage Live HQ will be able to watch recordings of previous classes, get a feel for our state-of-the-art training environment and shadow Engage Live founder, Donal Doherty, as he photographs a styled shoot in the grounds of Ebrington.
‘More than that, however,’ said Donal, ‘the Open Day is about you. Whether you’re a beginner, hobbiest or professional photographer, Engage Live is in place to help you learn new skills, find your niche and launch your business.
‘Over the next year, we have a varied programme of classes scheduled, from Digital Photography 101 to a masterclass on Pre-Wedding Shoots. Everything begins here, though, in our dedicated photography training facility, and we’re throwing our doors open for those who want to learn more.’
Engage Live works with the best instructors in the business to offer aspiring and professional photographers all the education they need. 8081 Workspace provides Engage Live with huge studio spaces in which to deliver our classes, as well as picturesque outdoor locations and superfast upload speeds that enable us to stream our classes online.
We also offer hands-on workshops, and over the next year have several on offer, from basic camera tutorials aimed at beginners to more advanced practical classes focusing on creativity, brand development and business.
‘We’re so happy to be based in Derry~Londonderry,’ said Engage Live founder Donal Doherty. ‘It’s a small, affordable city in which to live and learn, and has everything a photographer needs – stunning urban vistas, rural locations close by, and lots and lots of inspiring creative people to work with.
‘We want to welcome the local and international photography fraternity to our new home in 8081 Workspace, because Engage Live is all about community, about passing on skills, fostering creativity and helping others to succeed in their chosen fields.’
- The Engage Live Open Day begins at 10am, with informal refreshments and introductions in the 8081 Workspace common area.
- Donal Doherty, one of Ireland’s most in-demand wedding photographers, will then share his photography journey, from first picking up a camera to shooting over 50 weddings every year, and be on hand to give one-to-one advise on how you can achieve similar success.
- Visitors are then invited to take part in a mock styled photo shoot led by Donal, to give you a feel for Engage Live classes. Visitors should feel free to bring their own cameras to participate in the shoot.
- Visitors will be offered one-on-one advice on which of our classes will best suit their needs over lunch, and finish the day with business advise from Donal and the team.
- Finally, three raffle winners will also get to film their very own Reflector Challenge!
RSVP now and join us for a day of creativity and craic in Northern Ireland’s new centre for photography excellence.
For those hoping to make a day (and night) of it, our friends at the Everglades Hotel are offering a special B&B rate. Call us for more information on 028 7116 0242.