Learn how to style and photograph food. Join Bea Lubas for three days of mouth watering food photography and styling.
You don’t need the most expensive gear and fancy equipment to take amazing food photos. Bea will show you how to use the full potential of your camera.
You’ll learn how to harness the light around you to compliment the food and get to know the essential principals to take photos that will whet the appetite.
Bea will reveal the techniques and tricks to style and prop the food and how to use colour and texture to make the food ‘pop out.’ Even the most unphotogenic meal can look really dishy.
The course will help you to find an artist within yourself and arm you with the knowledge essential to turn your hobby into a dream job. It will leave you inspired and motivated.
You’ll learn about:
- Tame your camera-learn and understand your tool
- Find the light and harness it
- Essential equipment
- Creative process before the photoshoot
- Get to know your “models”
- Telling a story and creating atmosphere
- Food styling- tips on how to style food beautifully and what to avoid
- How to deal with tricky food
- Choosing props to enhance an image
- Brainstorming and creating photoshoot on a budget
- Live food shoots
- Your style and personal growth
- Mistakes you don’t want to make
- Post processing
- Food blogging
- How to turn your hobby into a dream job
- Workflow and working as part of the team
- Marketing and pricing
- How to stay inspired and motivated
- Creative resources
WHAT YOU GET
- On-demand access to this class – 11 videos / 8 hour runtime
I was born and raised in a small, picturesque town in south- west of Poland. Living close to nature made me extremely sensitive to the beauty of surrounding me world. In 2006 I moved to England(which is absolutely stunning too!),were I’m still living now with my husband.
After several years of searching for what truly makes me happy, I finally found my lifelong passion: food photography. I’ve always been enthusiastic about food, whether it was a new dish I tried, new ingredient I discovered or a new cookbook I came across. Photography made my love affair with food complete.
Only a couple of months after changing my career path, my photo was short-listed in Pink Lady Food Photographer of the Year competition, judged by some of the most influential people in food and photography business. I was also announced one of the top food photographers in 2014 by The Interactive Design Institute.
Honing my photography skills has been an inspiring journey that really enriched my life. I am a self-thought food photographer and a believer that if you’re determined and fully in love with your passion, everything is possible. I am a visual storyteller and my photographs are strongly influenced by the natural light and how it changes throughout the day and through the seasons. My style focuses on colours and textures and I always want to expresses the emotions behind the dish.
For more information visit:
• Personal journey as a photographer
• Tame your camera-learn and understand your tool
• Find the light and harness it
• Essential equipment
• Creative process before the photoshoot
• Get to know your “models”
• Telling a story and creating atmosphere
• Food styling- tricks how to style food pretty and what to avoid
• How to deal with tricky food
• Choosing props to enhance an image
• Brainstorming and creating photoshoot on a budget
• PRACTICE PART-styling the dish and setting the scene
• PRACTICE PART – photoshoot
• Your style and personal growth
• Mistakes you don’t want to make
• Post processing
• Food blogging
• How to turn your hobby into a dream job
• Workflow and working as part of the team
• Marketing and pricing
• How to stay inspired and motivated
• Creative resources
BUY CLASSES TOGETHER AND SAVE
This Class is Part of: