YouTube, having originally been created to share home videos, has grown massively. It’s now the second largest search engine in the world, behind it’s parent company, Google.
The statistics in YouTube are incredible. Everyday, more than 500 hours of video are uploaded each minute, with audiences consumer over a billion hours of video. Records are made and broken again and again, on a daily basis. Viral content is constantly being put out online, with influencers getting the ability to earn millions of dollars a year.
YouTube could be an untapped avenue for your business, or maybe you just want to keep it personal. Either way, this infographic reveals the latest metrics and some interesting statistics from the unrivalled video site. If you like it, pass it on to your followers!
It’s hard to pick highlights from such an interesting and comprehensive read, but a couple of key stats shine out.
- YouTube has an active userbase of 1.5 billion, coming second only to rival social network Facebook who have half a billion more users.
- 25-44 year olds are the most active viewers, and most of them are likely to be men, who spend 24% longer consuming video content than women.
- The average person will spend 40 minutes watching YouTube videos a day, this adds up to 1 year and 10 months in an average lifetime.
- Music videos are the most popular content, many people use the site to listen to their favourite songs for free, so this statistic is not the surprising.
- Be careful what you upload however, as 9% of songs are taken down by right holders due to copyright violations of music or images.
- Uniquely singers typically have the largest followings, Facebook differs as its most liked accounts include the footballer, Christiano Ronaldo and actor, Vin Diesal.
Shared with permission by Filmora,