Learn fashion photography with one of Ireland’s most decorated practitioners, the multi-award-winning Glenn Norwood. Lights, Camera, Fashion is a must for photographers hoping to break into the world of fashion and produce stunning editorial images made for magazines.
Fashion photography can be glamorous and exciting, but also extremely competitive and difficult to break into. Learn how to produce images with that ‘wow’ factor with Engage Live. Read a Q&A with the man himself.
In this class will learn step-by-step how to push your creative boundaries, capture unique images, pose models to achieve new angles and edit your work to editorial standard. There will also be intensive modules on lighting, equipment, building creative teams and business best practice.
With a strong emphasis on the creative, this course will benefit many – whether it is to help take your photography to the next level or for those wishing to break into the fashion photography business.
You’ll learn about:
- The creative process
- The importance of a strong team
- Understanding clothes and fabric
- Hair & makeup
- Directing the model – communicating and getting your ideas across
- Posing and directing
- Equipment & gear
- Working in the studio
- Understanding light – preferred lighting patterns
- Natural light vs studio light
- Hard light vs soft light
- Light modifiers & creative lighting solutions
- The business of fashion
WHAT YOU GET
- On-demand access to this class – 40 videos / 18 hour runtime
Glenn is currently located in Belfast, Northern Ireland, where he and his wife Trazanne, team up to run their studio, Norwood Photography. He began his love affair with the camera at an early age and has already reached the twenty-year plus milestone working in the professional photographic industry. His journey toward photographic excellence has travelled down an unconventional path however – and he holds Bachelor of Arts degree’s in both Art & Design and Interactive Multimedia Design.
Glenn Primarily works as a social and fashion photographer specializing in editorial, advertising and portrait photography. He has been a qualified member of the British Institute of Professional Photographer’s since 1993 and Recipient of the Kodak European Gold Award on no less than on three occasions, Glenn’s work has
appeared in several local & international magazines, has written several articles and product reviews and has conducts many seminars and workshops throughout the UK & Ireland.
– The creative process
– The importance of a strong team
– Understanding clothes and fabric
– Hair & makeup
– Directing the model – communicating and getting your ideas across
– Posing and directing
– Equipment & gear
– Working in the studio
– Understanding light – preferred lighting patterns
– Natural light vs studio light
– Hard light vs soft light
– Light modifiers & creative lighting solutions
– The business of fashion photography
– Post production
BUY CLASSES TOGETHER AND SAVE
This Class is Part of: